There are an abundance of online resources available to help with at-home learning resources and fun. Here are a few of ACPL Librarians’ favorites.
These resources require a library card to use. You will need your library card number and pin to sign in. The default pin is wyld. Please call (307-721-2580) or email (email@example.com) the library if you don’t have a library card or don’t have your number.
- BookFlix: The same computer stories that children enjoy at the library.
- Cloud Library: Downloadable e-books and e-audiobooks. Use the browse buttons to filter down to just children’s books
- RBDigital: Click on ‘View by Genre’ to narrow down to children’s books only
- OverDrive Kids: Downloadable e-books and e-audiobooks.
Fun & Games:
- Google Virtual National Parks Guided Trips: A local ranger guides you through National parks
- GoNoodle YouTube Channel: Features dancing, stretching, running, jumping, deep breathing, and wiggling for kids
- National Geographic Kids: Features games, videos, and activities for kids
- PBS Kids: Games and activities featuring your favorite PBS characters
- Starfall: Online educational games
Online Books and Storytimes:
- Abdo Digital Bookshelf: Non-fiction groups for grades Pre-K – 8
- Audible: Stream for free a collection of children’s stories
- #OperationStorytime: Find Children’s books read by celebrities
- Storytime from Space: Online storytimes and activities brought to you by the astronauts at the International Space Station
- TumbleBook Library: Books for Grades K-6.
Babies, Toddlers, and Preschoolers
- Baby Sign Language: Online dictionary of American Sign Language for your baby
- Jbrary: Youtube channel with two children’s librarians demonstrating songs, rhymes and fingerplays you can do with your little one.
- Storyblocks: Learn new songs, rhymes, and fingerplays appropriate for early childhood with Storyblock’s videos.
STEAM: Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math
- Bedtime Math: Engaging math activities for your kids to enjoy at home
- Card Games for Math Aces: Turn a deck of cards into a learning game
- Funology: Crafts, recipes, games, jokes and more
- Lego Challenge: Build an island and then solve a series of problems
Still want more? Find a more detailed list here.