ACPL is changing how we run book clubs in this time of social distancing. Contact the library or your book club leader for more information.
Copies of the book club books for checkout are generally available at the circulation desk. Contact the library for more information or to check on the availability of titles.
After Hours Book Club
Last Tuesday, 7 pm
Contact Kathi at email@example.com for questions or if you would like to join us.
A fun, low-commitment book club, where good company is just as important as good books! Books are chosen by the members, so genres vary.
- September 28: Memoirs of Hadrian by Marguerite Yourcenar
- October 26: Edgar Allen Poe stories and Poe, (“Tell-Tale Heart”, “Masque of the Red Death”, and “The Raven” available online or in many Poe collections)
- November 30: The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
- December 28: Entangled Life by Merlin Sheldrake
- January 25: A Woman of No Importance by Sonia Purnell
- February 22: Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs by Caitlin Doughty
Murder Club: A True Crime Book Club
Second Thursday, 7 pm
Murder Club is meeting in person, and social distanced in the library meeting room. For more information or if you would like to join us email Bailey @ firstname.lastname@example.org
A book club for fans of Serial, My Favorite Murder, and Forensic Files – each month we’ll delve into infamous murders, serial killers, and other true crime topics.
Meeting via Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/97365875047
- October 14: The Cadaver King and the Country Dentist: a True Story of Injustice in the American South by Randley Balko
- November 11th: Lost Girls: an Unsolved American Mystery by Robert Kolker
- December 9th: John Wayne Gacy: Defending a Monster by Sam L Amirante
Mostly Cozy Mystery Book Club
First Monday, 2 pm
Cozy Mystery Club meets in the Large Meeting Room at the library. Please contact cozymysteryalbanycounty@gmail.
A book club for those who like their mysteries light on sex and violence, and particularly enjoy amateur sleuths!
- September 13th: A Test of Wills by Charles Todd
- October 4th: Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke
- November 8th: Gallows View by Peter Robinson
- December 6th: Death on Demand by Carolyn G. Hart
Poets & Poetry
Last Thursday, 7 pm
Poets & Poetry meets upstairs at The Library Restaurant, 201 E Custer St.
A low-stress poetry club for anyone with an interest in the craft, first-timers and verse veterans alike!
- September 30th: “Howl, and other poems” by Allen Ginsberg
Future books will be chosen by club members at the end of each meeting.
Centennial Unfinished Book Club
Centennial Library, 27 2nd St. Centennial, WY
A casual gathering of book lovers to discuss books that cover a variety of topics. Future dates and times are decided at each meeting.
- For more information or if you would like to join email Deb at email@example.com