ACPL is changing how we run book clubs in this time of social distancing. Contact the library or your book club leader for more information.
Copies of the book club books for checkout are generally available at the circulation desk. Contact the library for more information or to check on the availability of titles.
Wyoming Winter Book Club
The Last Monday every month: October 2020 to May 2021
We all say we’ll read the classics, but sometimes they’re just too daunting and sometimes the motivation wanes. What if I told you that all you need is a single season, and you could read that book you’ve always said you would?
Join us for our Wyoming Winter Book Club, where we tackle the classics, starting with Leo Tolstoy’s War and Peace.
For more information contact email@example.com
Silent Book Club with the Wyoming Institute for Humanities Research
Every Tuesday, 5:30-6:30pm
Via zoom: https://zoom.us/j/527599786
Join the Wyoming Institute for Humanities Research and the Albany County Public Library for a Silent Book Club!
It’s pretty simple–show up on Zoom with whatever book you want, and then for one hour, we read. For the first few minutes, we share on screen or via chat whatever book we brought. Then all the microphones go off, and we read together. At the end of the hour, if people wish, they can read aloud to the group a few interesting sentences from their books.
After Hours Book Club
Last Tuesday, 7pm
After Hours will be meeting virtually until further notice! Contact Kathi at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or if you would like to join us.
A fun, low commitment book club, where good food and good company are just as important as good books! Books are chosen by the members, so genres vary.
- March 30: Africa My Blood by Jane Goodall
- April 27: Paradise by Toni Morrison
- May 25: Lanny by Max Porter
- June 29: The Stars My Destination by Alfred Bester
Murder Club: A True Crime Book Club
Second Thursday, 7pm
Murder Club is meeting in various locations (sometimes virtually) until further notice! For more information or if you would like to join us email Bailey @ email@example.com
A book club for fans of Serial, My Favorite Murder, and Forensic Files – each month we’ll delve into infamous murders, serial killers, and other true crime topics.
Meeting via Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/97365875047
Some meetings may be in person, outside and social distanced.
- March 11th: The Less People Know About Us by, Axton Betz-Hamilton
- April 8th: The Cases that Haunt Us – John Edward Douglas
- May 13th: I: the Creation of a Serial Killer by Jack Olsen
- June 10th: Hell in the Heartland: Murder, Meth, and the Case of Two Missing Girls by Jax Miller
- July 8th: My Dark Places by James Ellroy
Mostly Cozy Mystery Book Club
First Monday, 2pm
Cozy Mystery Club is meeting virtually until further notice. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to join.
A book club for those who who like their mysteries light on sex and violence, and particularly enjoy amateur sleuths!
- April 5th: Murder of Roger Ackroyd by, Agatha Christie
- May 3rd: The Eagle Catcher by, Margaret Coel
- June 7th: The Darkest Evening by, Ann Cleves
Last Wednesday of the Month, 7pm
Quintessential Sequential is meeting in various locations (sometimes virtually) until further notice! For more information or if you would like to join us email Tyler at email@example.com
- The Weird edition, April 7th: The Big Empty Life of Alphonse Tabouret by Sibylline, Plastic by Doug Wagner, & Spider King by Josh Vann
- May 5th: TBA
Centennial Unfinished Book Club
Centennial Library, 27 2nd St. Centennial, WY
A casual gathering of book lovers to discuss books that cover a variety of topics. Future dates and times are decided at each meeting.
- For more information or if you would like to join email Deb at firstname.lastname@example.org