ACPL is changing how we run book clubs in this time of social distancing. Contact the library or your book club leader for more information.
Copies of the book club books for checkout are generally available at the circulation desk. Contact the library for more information or to check on the availability of titles.
Wyoming Winter Book Club
The Last Monday every month: October 2020 to May 2021
We all say we’ll read the classics, but sometimes they’re just too daunting and sometimes the motivation wanes. What if I told you that all you need is a single season, and you could read that book you’ve always said you would?
Join us for our Wyoming Winter Book Club, where we tackle the classics, starting with Leo Tolstoy’s War and Peace.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Silent Book Club with the Wyoming Institute for Humanities Research
Every Tuesday, 5:30-6:30pm
Via zoom: https://zoom.us/j/527599786
Join the Wyoming Institute for Humanities Research and the Albany County Public Library for a Silent Book Club!
It’s pretty simple–show up on Zoom with whatever book you want, and then for one hour, we read. For the first few minutes, we share on screen or via chat whatever book we brought. Then all the microphones go off, and we read together. At the end of the hour, if people wish, they can read aloud to the group a few interesting sentences from their books.
After Hours Book Club
Last Tuesday, 7pm
After Hours will be meeting virtually until further notice! Contact Kathi at email@example.com for questions or if you would like to join us.
A fun, low commitment book club, where good food and good company are just as important as good books! Books are chosen by the members, so genres vary.
- September 28: Coraline by Niel Gaiman
- October 27: Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- November 24: The Last Four Days of Paddy Buckley by Jeremy Massey
Murder Club: A True Crime Book Club
Second Thursday, 7pm
Murder Club is meeting in various locations (sometimes virtually) until further notice! For more information or if you would like to join us email Bailey @ firstname.lastname@example.org
A book club for fans of Serial, My Favorite Murder, and Forensic Files – each month we’ll delve into infamous murders, serial killers, and other true crime topics. Meeting via Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/97365875047 in November.
- November 12th: Highway of Tears: A True Story of Racism, Indifference, and the Pursuit of Justice for Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls by, Jessica McDiarmid
- December 10th: We Believe the Children: A Moral Panic in the 1980s by, Richard Beck
- January 14th: Dopesick: Dealers, Doctors, and the Drug Company that Addicted America by, Beth Macy
- February 11th: Say Nothing: A True Story of Murder and Memory in Northern Ireland by, Patrick Radden Keefe
- March 11th: The Less People Know About Us by, Axton Betz-Hamilton
Mostly Cozy Mystery Book Club
First Monday, 2pm
Cozy Mystery Club is meeting virtually until further notice. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to join.
A book club for those who who like their mysteries light on sex and violence, and particularly enjoy amateur sleuths!
- October 5th: Wicked Autumn by, G.M Maillet
- November 1st: Death of a Gossip by, M.C Beaton
- December 7th: Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death by, M.C Beaton
Last Wednesday of the Month, 7pm
Quintessential Sequential is meeting in various locations (sometimes virtually) until further notice! For more information or if you would like to join us email Tyler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- October 28th: Infidel, by Pornsak Pichetsote, Wytches, by Scott Snyder, and 30 Days of Night, by Steve Niles
Centennial Unfinished Book Club
Centennial Library, 27 2nd St. Centennial, WY
A casual gathering of book lovers to discuss books that cover a variety of topics. Future dates and times are decided at each meeting.
- For more information or if you would like to join email Deb at email@example.com