Copies of the book club books for checkout are available at the circulation desk. Contact the library for more information or to check on the availability of titles.
***NEW*** Neverending Stories: A Science Fiction and Fantasy Book Club
First Monday, Library Restaurant upstairs, 7pm
Do you like science fiction? Do you enjoy the fantastical? This new book group enjoys fun and lively discussions of classic and modern titles alike. Join and and explore the farthest reaches of fiction.
- August 5th: August- The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman
- September 2nd: The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowksi
- October 7th: Three Parts Dead by Max Gladstone
- November 4th: The Three Body Problem by Cixin Liu
- December 2nd: The Bear and The Nightingale by Katherine Arden
After Hours Book Club
Last Tuesday, Library Restaurant upstairs, 7:15pm
Books are chosen by club members, so the topics and genres vary.
Summer of Horror!
- July 30: Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
- August 27: Small Spaces by Katherine Arden
- September 24: Carrie by Stephen King
Beyond Borders Book Club
Second Wednesday, Library Restaurant upstairs, 7pm
A book club exploring books from authors around the globe.
- August 14: Sightseeing by Rattawut Lapcharoensap
- September 11: Wake Up Dead by Roger Smith OR What We Lose by Zinzi Clemmons
- October 9: Please Look After Mom by Kyung-Sook Shin
- November 13: The Girl With Seven Names by Hyeonseo Lee
Murder Club: A True Crime Book Club
Second Thursday, Library Restaurant upstairs, 7pm
A book club for fans of Serial, My Favorite Murder, and Forensic Files – each month we’ll delve into infamous murders, serial killers, and other true crime mysteries.
- July 11: The Road to Jonestown by Jeff Guinn
- August 8: If I Can’t Have You: Susan Powell, Her Mysterious Disappearance, and the Murder of Her Children by Gregg Olson
Mostly Cozy Mystery Book Club
First Monday, Main Area of the library, 2pm
If you’re an armchair detective who prefers their mystery stories heavy on the small town charm and light on the sex and violence, this book club is for you!
An Alphabet of Cozy Mysteries
- August 5: Absolution by Murder by Peter Tremayne
- September 2: The Fault Tree by Louse Ere
- October 7: A Dark Adapted Eye by Barbara Vine
- November 4: The Chameleon’s Shadow by Minette Walters
- December 2: Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear
First Wednesday at the Rib and Chop House, 7pm
A place for interested newcomers and fans of the sequential art form of literature (graphic novels, comic books, manga, etc.) to discover and discuss all the beautiful provocative and heroic stories this form has to offer.
Summer of Sandman: From June to August the Quintessential Sequential Book club will be taking on Neil Gaiman’s Masterpiece of Graphic Literature, The Sandman:
- August 7th: Sandman Vol. 8-10