Copies of the book club books for checkout are available at the circulation desk. Contact the library for more information or to check on the availability of titles.
After Hours Book Club
Last Tuesday, Library Restaurant upstairs, 7:15pm
Books are chosen by club members, so the topics and genres vary.
- April 30: Circe by Madeline Miller
- May 28: There There by Tommy Orange
- June 28: The Dispossessed by Ursula K. Le Guin
Beyond Borders Book Club
Second Wednesday, Library Restaurant upstairs, 7pm
A book club exploring books from authors around the globe.
- May 8: An Orchestra of Minorities Chapters 1-12 by Chigozie Obioma
- June 12: An Orchestra of Minorities Chapters 13-End by Chigozie Obioma
- July 10: Dream of the Red Chamber by Cao Xuequin
Murder Club: A True Crime Book Club
Second Thursday, Library Sports Grille, 7pm
A book club for fans of Serial, My Favorite Murder, and Forensic Files – each month we’ll delve into infamous murders, serial killers, and other true crime mysteries.
- May 9: Hell’s Princess: The Mystery of Belle Gunness, Butcher of Men by Harold Schechter
- June 13: Green River Running Red by Ann Rule
- July 11: The Road to Jonestown by Jeff Guinn
- August 8: If I Can’t Have You: Susan Powell, Her Mysterious Disappearance, and the Murder of Her Children by Gregg Olson
Cozy Mystery Book Club
First Monday, Main Area of the library, 2pm
If you’re an armchair detective who prefers their mystery stories heavy on the small town charm and light on the sex and violence, this book club is for you!
An Alphabet of Cozy Mysteries
- May 6: Dog on It by Spencer Quinn
- June 3: No Man’s Nightingale by Ruth Rendell
First Wednesday of each month at the Rib and Chop House, 7pm
A place for interested newcomers and fans of the sequential art form of literature (graphic novels, comic books, manga, etc.) to discover and discuss all the beautiful provocative and heroic stories this form has to offer.
- May 1st: My Brother’s Husband Vol.1 & 2 by Gengoroh Tagame.
Summer of Sandman: From June to August the Quintessential Sequential Book club will be taking on Neil Gaiman’s Masterpiece of Graphic Literature, The Sandman:
- June 5th: Sandman Vol. 1-4
- July 3rd: Sandman Vol. 5-7
- August 7th: Sandman Vol. 8-10