Copies of the book club books for checkout are available at the circulation desk. Contact the library for more information or to check on the availability of titles.
After Hours Book Club
Last Tuesday, Library Restaurant upstairs, 7:15pm
Books are chosen by club members, so the topics and genres vary.
- March 26: Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- April 30: Circe by Madeline Miller
- May 28: There There by Tommy Orange
- June 28: The Dispossessed by Ursula K. Le Guin
Beyond Borders Book Club
Second Wednesday, Library Restaurant upstairs, 7pm
A book club exploring books from authors around the globe.
- March 13: Ministry of Utmost Happiness by Arundhati Roy
- April 10: Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
- May 8: An Orchestra of Minorities by Chigozie Obioma
- June 12: Dream of the Red Chamber by Cao Xuequin
Murder Club: A True Crime Book Club
Second Thursday, Library Sports Grille, 7pm
A book club for fans of Serial, My Favorite Murder, and Forensic Files – each month we’ll delve into infamous murders, serial killers, and other true crime mysteries.
- March 14: The Blood of Emmett Till by Timothy Tyson
- April 11: Lady Killers: Deadly Women Throughout History by Tori Tefler
- May 9: Hell’s Princess: The Mystery of Belle Gunness, Butcher of Men by Harold Schechter
Cozy Mystery Book Club
First Monday, Main Area of the library, 2pm
If you’re an armchair detective who prefers their mystery stories heavy on the small town charm and light on the sex and violence, this book club is for you!
An Alphabet of Cozy Mysteries
- April 1: The Confession of Brother Haluin by Ellis Peters
- May 6: Dog on It by Spencer Quinn
- June 3: No Man’s Nightingale by Ruth Rendell
First Wednesday of each month at the Rib and Chop House, 7pm
A place for interested newcomers and fans of the sequential art form of literature (graphic novels, comic books, manga, etc.) to discover and discuss all the beautiful provocative and heroic stories this form has to offer.
- April 3rd: Powers: Who Killed Retro Girl, by Brian Michael Bendis
- May 1st: TBD
Summer of Sandman: From June to August the Quintessential Sequential Book club will be taking on Neil Gaiman’s Masterpiece of Graphic Literature, The Sandman:
- June 5th: Sandman Vol. 1-4
- July 3rd: Sandman Vol. 5-7
- August 7th: Sandman Vol. 8-10