There are many ways that you can request a book, depending on the book’s availability and its home library.
- For items in one of the Albany County Public Library branches, see Place a Hold.
- For items from another library in the WYLD network, see Request Interlibrary Loan.
- For items that you would like to suggest that the library purchase for it’s collection see Suggest to Purchase.
Place a Hold
You may place a hold on any book at any Albany County Library branch, including the Laramie, Centennial and Rock River Branches. Holds from any Albany County library are free. To place a hold:
1. Go to the catalog.
2. Search for the book you would like to put on hold. You can search by title, author, subject, or keyword.
3. Once you have found the book and format you would like, click on the blue ‘Place Hold’ button to the right of the title.
4. You may be prompted to provide your library card number (from the back of your card, with no letters or spaces) and your pin (the default pin is WYLD).
5. Click ‘Place Hold(s)’. If the Action is Success, then the hold has been placed and we will contact you when the item is available for you to pick up.
You may view, remove, or suspend your holds from the Holds tab under My Account.
Request Interlibrary Loan
If you wish to borrow an item that is not available within Albany County,but is available at other libraries in Wyoming, follow these instructions. Please note there is a $2 charge per item to cover shipping costs.
1. Go to the catalog.
2. In the first drop down menu, where it says Albany County Public, change the field to All WYLD Libraries.
3. Search for the book you would like to request. Make sure that it is not available at the Albany County Public Library, the Centennial Branch, or the Rock River Branch.
4. Click on the title. Click on the button to the right that says Request Interlibrary Loan.
5. You may be prompted to provide your library card number (from the back of your card, with no letters or spaces) and your pin (the default pin is WYLD).
6. In the first field of the request, type yes to agree to pay $2 when you pick up the item. At the end of the form, select the branch where you wish to pick up the book. Click Submit.
Suggest to Purchase
Have you discovered a book, DVD, or game that isn’t in the ACPL collection, but you think should be? Use this form to suggest a purchase.