Our Summer Reading Program this year is all about animals! We will kick off this summer with the start of our Summer Scavenger Hunt on June 5th. Our reading challenges for readers of all ages will run from June 26th-August 25th.
Summer Reading Challenges
June 26th–August 25th
Beginning June 26th, you can sign up online and start tracking the minutes you spend reading. Along the way you will earn votes to help out local animal charities!
Readers of all ages can participate. Children and teens can stop by the library to pick up paper logs and a sign-up bag full of goodies!
events @ aCPL
Stories @ the Parks
Stories @ the Parks will start June 29th and go through August 25th
- Tuesdays 10 AM: Library Garden
- Tuesdays 2 PM: Library Garden
- Wednesdays 10 AM: Washington Park near the playground
- Wednesdays 12:15 PM: LaBonte Park between the playground and Feeding Laramie Valley
Gem City Nights Music/Art Series
Free, family-friendly events including live music, children’s performers, yard games, and other activities.
Thursday evenings at Albany County Public Library and the Laramie Plains Civic Center.
Downtown Farmers Market
Come say hi on Fridays starting June 25th, 3 to 7 PM. We will have games and more!
Summer Scavenger Hunt
June 5th–August 25th
Teams and individuals of all ages can complete Scavenger Hunt missions at home and around town!
How to Participate
- Download the GooseChase app.
- Search for ACPL Summer Scavenger Hunt or enter game code M4MJJZ.
- Join with a team or individually.
- Complete missions throughout the summer to win points. You can pick which missions you would like to do, no need to complete all of them.
- Earn 1000 points to win, then visit your library to get a spot on our Wall of Fame.